This trek offers a striking contrast of geography, climate and temperature. The trail begins at a cold and barren high pass at an elevation of 4,660m/15,290-ft., transitions abruptly to a spectacular descent, and ends up moving through dense tropical vegetation at an elevation of 1,300m/4,264-ft. Hikers will appreciate the various sections of Pre-Columbian paving they encounter as they rapidly descend from the Cordillera Real.
- A spectacular descent of over 3,000 m (9,840 ft), from mountain ranges to the dense subtropical vegetation.
- Pre - Hispanic paving and a spectacular but savage descent.
- Incredible variety of landforms and vegetation across the various altitude zones.
- Average fitness.
- Acclimatized and determined people.
- Beginners to experienced climbers.
- Transportation. Bolivian Journeys has a private driver to provide in country transport, thus ensuring our safety and facilitating an independent schedule that does not depend on public transportation.
- Food. We eat high quality meals using fresh local ingredients.
- All group climbing gear.
- Professional mountain guide.
- Meals except while climbing.
- Park fee .
- Gratuities to guides and staff.
- Rescue or medical expenses that may occur during the trip.