Illimani is the highest peak in the Cordillera Real, rising to 6,439 m. It is a massive mountain with three summits over 6,000 m and with a profile visible from hundreds of kms out on the Altiplano to the west and from far out into the Amazon Basin on the east. Nearly a four hundred m higher than Mt. McKinley, Illimani offers a serious, high altitude challenge without the continuous hardships of extremely low temperatures. Illimani is a demanding high-altitude mountaineering challenge in the Bolivian Mountains. This wonderful climb will give you the chance to stand over 21,000 feet.
- The highest peak in the Cordillera Real.
- The most representative mountain in the Bolivian Andes.
- Beautiful views over the City of La Paz and Lake Titikaka.
- Plenty of photo opportunities.
- High altitude challenge.
- Average fitness.
- Acclimatized and determined people.
- Beginners to experienced climbers.
- Transportation. Bolivian Journeys has a private driver to provide in country transport, thus ensuring our safety and facilitating an independent schedule that does not depend on public transportation.
- Food. We eat high quality meals using fresh local ingredients.
- All group climbing gear.
- Professional mountain guide.
- Meals except while climbing.
- Park fee .
- Gratuities to guides and staff.
- Rescue or medical expenses that may occur during the trip.