At 6,342 m (20,801 ft), Parinacota is a beautiful cone shaped volcano situated on the Chilean and Bolivian border. From its summit, incomparable views of its sister volcanoes Sajama 6,550 m (21,484 ft) to the northeast and Pomarape 6,222 m (20,408 ft) directly to the north are possible, and on a particularly clear day, the Pacific Ocean to the west can be discerned. After a straightforward climb up the snow capped volcano, mountaineers are rewarded with a panoramic view of the Cordillera Occidental and a glimpse down and into the enormous crater found at the snow covered summit.
- One of the most beautiful volcanoes in the World.
- High summit rate 80%.
- Beautiful views over Sajama (Bolivia) and Lauka (Chile) Nationals Parks.
- Plenty of photo opportunities.
- Ideal for beginners.
- Average fitness.
- Acclimatized and determined people.
- Beginners to experienced climbers.
- Transportation. Bolivian Journeys has a private driver to provide in country transport, thus ensuring our safety and facilitating an independent schedule that does not depend on public transportation.
- Food. We eat high quality meals using fresh local ingredients.
- All group climbing gear.
- Professional mountain guide.
- Meals except while climbing.
- Park fee .
- Gratuities to guides and staff.
- Rescue or medical expenses that may occur during the trip.