The participants of this world record included members of the Club Andino Boliviano, High Altitude Pathology Institute, Bolivian Journeys, Military Geographical Institution, bolivian mountain guides and porters, television crews like CNN, ESPN, Television Boliviana and international press among others.
"about half an hour later, and with tremendous excitement, we saw the fireworks, tiny smoke spots as they blasted high above the Sajama summit. They had played the first half time of an historic game! And these young formidable men, that had followed the instructions precisely, would show the world their incredible capacity for exercise at extreme altitudes ...".
Sajama stands alone as an eroded volcano, dominating over all other mountains in the area. This is a truly beautiful climb and a slightly harder ascent in icy years than any of the other major peaks in the Cordillera Occidental. Although most routes on this mountain are straightforward, strong winds and high altitude make this a challenging summit . A unique approach, through desert to an altogether different high Andean mountain, makes Bolivia's highest summit, a worthwhile climb.
- One of the most beautiful volcanoes in the World.
- High summit rate 80%.
- Beautiful views over Sajama (Bolivia) and Lauka (Chile) Nationals Parks.
- Plenty of photo opportunities.
- Ideal for beginners.
- Average fitness.
- Acclimatized and determined people.
- Beginners to experienced climbers.
- Transportation. Bolivian Journeys has a private driver to provide in country transport, thus ensuring our safety and facilitating an independent schedule that does not depend on public transportation.
- Food. We eat high quality meals using fresh local ingredients.
- All group climbing gear.
- Professional mountain guide.
- Meals except while climbing.
- Park fee .
- Gratuities to guides and staff.
- Rescue or medical expenses that may occur during the trip.