Bolivia Cordillera Real, this trek is a genuine classic, keeping to high trails and crossing 3 passes over 5,100m (16,728ft). Our route provides a great diversity of scenery, including lovely alpine valleys with picturesque lakes, snow-capped peaks and scattered Aymara Indian villages. Since the heavy gear (including all cooking and camp equipment) is carried on llamas, it is not necessary to carry a heavy pack. In fact, a medium-sized rucksack, with foul weather clothing, water, your lunch for the day, and other miscellaneous items you may want, is all you need to carry.The rewards of this hike are numerous and incluce incredible solitude, beautiful natural phenonmena and very rewarding cultural interactions. This is the most beautiful treking region in the Andes.
- High-level trek heading into the heart of the Cordillera Real.
- Superb mountain views from several high passes.
- Two passes over 5,100 m (16,728 ft).
- This trek takes you closer to a glacier than any other trek in the Cordillera Real.
- Challenging high altitude trekking.
- Deserted trails.
- One of the finest mountain walks in the world.
- Ideal for acclimatization.
- Average fitness.
- Acclimatized and determined people.
- Beginners to experienced climbers.
- Transportation. Bolivian Journeys has a private driver to provide in country transport, thus ensuring our safety and facilitating an independent schedule that does not depend on public transportation.
- Food. We eat high quality meals using fresh local ingredients.
- All group climbing gear.
- Professional mountain guide.
- Meals except while climbing.
- Park fee .
- Gratuities to guides and staff.
- Rescue or medical expenses that may occur during the trip.